– South African Insurance Quotes

Call for a quote:021 818 8315
What Happens If My Car Is Stolen When I Have a Tracking Device Installed?

What Happens If My Car Is Stolen When I Have a Tracking Device Installed?

When I Have a Tracking Device Installed?

Car stolen? It’s one of the worst feelings in the world. We know how much your vehicle means to you, and that’s why having a tracking device installed can be a life saver. In this article, we’ll explore what happens if your car is stolen when you have a tracking device installed. Spoiler alert: you’ll be glad you invested in one.

How a Tracking Device Works

First things first, let’s talk about how a vehicle tracking device works. These nifty gadgets use GPS technology to pinpoint the exact location of your vehicle. This information is then sent to a tracking server which can be accessed in real-time. This means that you can always know where your car is, even if you’re not physically with it.

Why Should I Install a Vehicle Tracking Device?

Installing a vehicle tracking device has a plethora of benefits. Not only can it help you locate your car if it’s stolen, a big benefit in South Africa where car theft is common. But it can also help you keep track of your fuel consumption, vehicle performance, and even driver safety. Fleet vehicles, in particular, can benefit greatly from the installation of tracking devices, as it allows for better fleet management software and can save on fuel costs.

What Happens If My Car Gets Stolen with My Tracker Installed?

What Happens If My Car Gets Stolen with My Tracker Installed?

In the event of vehicle theft, having a tracking device installed can significantly increase your chances of recovering your vehicle. In fact, many reliable tracking companies report that it goes up from a mere 10% chance to a 90% chance you’ll get your vehicle back!

As soon as you realise that your car has been stolen, you can contact the South African Police Service and your insurance company. Your insurance provider will probably require you to file an insurance claim, which will require some information about your vehicle.

Luckily, a vehicle tracking device can provide detailed vehicle locating information that can be used to help recover your stolen vehicle. The exact location of your car can be pinpointed and provided to the police, making it much easier to track down. The tracking system can also provide a diagnostic report of the car’s current locations, fuel consumption, and any suspicious activity that may have occurred.

What If My Tracking Service Includes Vehicle Recovery?

It’s a good idea to contact your tracking company just before you call the police if you chose a tracking device and recovery service package. They can then alert their nearest vehicles to chase down and recover the stolen vehicle. Often, tracking companies cooperate with the police to get this done faster.

What If my Tracker Uses AI Theft Detection?

If your car gets stolen but you have AI theft detection, chances are that you were already alerted before your car went missing. This means you get more time to contact the recovery team or police, and it improves your chances of getting the car back even more. In fact, some ai-empowered trackers will automatically alert nearby teams and local authorities when it detects an attempted theft!

How Does the Claims Process Work?

Once you have reported the theft to your insurance company, they will begin the claims process. Your insurance policy may require you to have a tracking device installed, and the information provided by the device will be used to verify the theft and aid in the recovery of your vehicle. The insurance company may require proof of ownership and identification, such as your license plate and rear bumper numbers.

The claims process can be a stressful experience, but having a tracking device installed can make it a much smoother experience. The real-time information provided by the device can speed up the process and ensure that you receive the compensation you’re entitled to.

Are Vehicle Tracking Devices Cost-Effective?

Are Vehicle Tracking Devices Cost-Effective?

Installing a vehicle tracking device is a cost-effective solution that can save you money in the long run. As a vehicle owner, you can save on insurance costs and enjoy the many benefits of having a gps tracking device, including having greater peace of mind knowing your vehicle is safe. 

How to Choose the Right Tracking Company?

Investing in a vehicle tracking device is a smart move that can help you recover your car in the event of theft and make claiming from insurance much easier. If you’re in the market for a tracking device, you can fill in the form provided on this page to get a free quote from a reliable tracking company.

We’ve built connections with leading tracking companies who provide top-of-the-line tracker devices and fleet tracking solutions to get you exclusive deals. We’ll match you with the best tracking company for your needs, then they will call you with a free quote and unique offers!