Prime Meridian Direct Car Insurance
Who is Prime Meridian Direct?
Prime Meridian Direct is a registered financial services provider committed to providing fair and reliable insurance to South Africans. Prime Meridian is underwritten by Santam Structured Insurance Limited. A belief that all South Africans deserve affordable insurance products inspires PMD’s team to service excellence.
How Does Car Insurance Work in South Africa?
In South Africa, car insurance is insurance that covers possible financial losses that involve your car or motorised vehicle. With car insurance, you can get cover for events like car theft, accidents, or third-party liability claims. The insurance provider usually pays out a sum of money when a claim is made on the policy. Claims are only paid out if they are due to an insured event and if other terms and conditions are met.
PMD Car Insurance was designed to make your life easier by covering risks related to your car. If you are worried about having to cover the financial cost of damaging or losing your car, PMD car insurance may be the solution. There are three Prime Meridian Direct car insurance plans available to purchase in South Africa.
The Prime Meridian Direct Third-Party Plus car insurance plan is the most affordable and basic option available. The Prime Meridian Direct Customised car insurance plan was designed to be customisable to best meet your needs and budget. For the most comprehensive cover, choose the Prime Meridian Direct Comprehensive car insurance plan.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
PMD car insurance plans each cover certain insured events, depending on the plan. Individuals can get car insurance from Prime Meridian Direct for their car from the age of 19.
Prime Motor Comprehensive Plan
- This product will protect you against the complete loss of your vehicle through accidental write-off.
- You will also be covered for accidents not resulting in the write-off of your vehicle.
- You are covered for the total loss of your vehicle due to natural occurring fires and natural disasters**
- You will be covered for total loss as a result of theft and hijacking.
- They offer third party liability protection up to R1 Million per incident.
- You will also be covered for glass and hail damage to your vehicle.
- You will enjoy 24-hour roadside assistance.
- If you are a young driver, struggling to obtain reasonable quotes, Prime Meridian Direct will cover you from the age of 19 years old.
- Don’t think that your car is too old to insure – Prime Meridian Direct covers vehicles up to 15 years old.
It is good to know that your premiums will be fixed** & you can enjoy a reduced-to-zero basic excess*!
Optional Benefits that you may enjoy**:
- Car Hire
- Credit Shortfall Protection
- Accidental Death Cover
Products underwritten by Santam Structured Insurance
*If you don’t claim
** Terms and Conditions Apply
Other PMD Services
PMD Third-Party Plus Car Insurance
The most affordable option from PMD, the third-party plus plan, covers third-party claims and a few extras. If you are on a tight budget but still need more than just third-party cover, this is a good option to consider. Benefits include:
- Cover if your car is written off. The write-off should be as a result of an insured event like theft, hijacking, natural fire or a natural disaster.
- Up to R500,000 Third Party Liability Cover. This plan offers cover if someone claims against you after an accident for losses or damage and you are found to be liable.
- Full Trade Cover. On this plan, your car is insured for its full trade value.
- Growing Cover for Smaller Accidents. You can get cover for smaller accidents in the form of a growing benefit that offers up to 100% of the car’s market value.
- Hail Damage Cover. The cost of repairing hail damage is covered on this plan.
PMD Customised Car Insurance
On the customised insurance plan, you can get cover for a motorised vehicle with fixed premiums and an excess that reduces to zero. The benefits of the PMD customised plan include:
- Write-Offs are covered. If your car is written off because of an insured event such as natural fire, hijacking, theft, and accidents, this plan covers it.
- Third-Party liabilities are covered. If you are found to be liable for damages or losses involving a third party’s possessions and your car is involved, you can get up to R500,000 over on this plan.
- Market Value Cover. The cover provided is for the full market value of the car.
- Minimum Cover Guarantee. According to the amount you select, a guaranteed minimum level of accident damage cover is offered upfront.
- Cover that Grows for Smaller Accidents. You can get cover on a growing benefit basis of up to 100% of the market value of your insured car.
- 24-hour Roadside Assistance. With each comprehensive policy, you get access to 24-hour roadside assistance if you are in an accident or if your car breaks down.
- Cover for Hail Damage. Hail damage to your car can be repaired, and the cost will be covered by this plan.
- Cover for Glass Replacement. Windows and other glass on your car can be replaced if they are accidentally damaged, and the cost will be covered on this plan.
- Optional Extras. You may choose to include additional benefits on your policy that may influence your monthly payments. Extra benefits include cover for accidental death, adding additional drivers to the policy, car hire reimbursement, and even credit shortfall cover.
Why is Car Insurance Necessary?
In South Africa, the law does not require that we have car insurance. The bank may, however, if you are paying for the car with a loan. Even though it isn’t a law, getting car insurance is the smart thing to do. Responsible car owners get it, so they don’t need to stress about covering expenses if an accident occurs.
Unfortunately, accidents are not only possible but likely according to statistics. No matter how careful you are, your chances of being in an accident are high. There are many irresponsible and dangerous drivers on our roads, and there are many unsafe and dangerous cars that do not meet road safety standards. Either of these could land you in an accident.
Car insurance from PMD covers you so an accident doesn’t ruin you financially. With adequate cover from Prime Meridian Direct, you will be able to pay for repairs to your car, legal costs if the other person claims against you, and more.
Are Car Insurance Quotes Free?
Yes, car insurance quotes from insurance.co.za are free. You can get a quote today with a simple online form that offers results fast.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this article is meant for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal, medical, or financial advice. Facts stated in this article are correct at the time it was published.
Sources: PMD(1); PMD(2); PMD(3);